Nestled in the fertile Constantia Valley lies a 330-year old wine estate. It is here that we believe time should be taken to fully understand and consume the range of Groot Constantia multi award-winning wines. Win a wine tasting experience for two at the famous Groot Constantia estate in Cape Town, including a cellar tour. The tasting voucher is valid through to mid 2016 and can be used at any time. It is the perfect trick to keep up your sleeve for a romantic day or weekend treat this coming summer season, it is just around the corner.
The story Groot Constantia is the story of a passionate man’s love of wine, a man who is responsible for establishing the first wine farm in South Africa. By travelling back in time 330 years we can come to understand how the Groot Constantia estate is at it’s root the very beautiful origin of the South African wine industry. By taking the time to explore the estate and discover it’s fantastic, world-renowned wines it is easier to see how every owner thereafter contributed to what we know as the famous Groot Constantia estate today.
The Groot Constantia trademark is one of the oldest surviving trademarks in the world today. It serves as a testimony of continuous high-quality wine production and has won medals and awards since 1855. Groot Constantia continues to produce award-winning wines:
- Groot Constantia has won 66 Gold medals over the last 10 years.
- Many of these Gold medals were from foreign wine shows.
- The Gold medals awarded were for various varietals, which proves that the property is versatile and can produce high quality wine across the varietal spectrum.
- Our Gouverneur’s Chardonnay 2009 carry’s a 5-star in the 2011 John Platter Wine Guide.
- Our Shiraz 2008 was awarded 3 Gold medals in 2011: Top 100 SA Wines, Syrah-du-Monde, Classic Wine Trophy.
- Our Sauvignon Blanc 2010 was also awarded 3 Gold medals in 2011: Old Mutual Wine Show, Classic Wine Trophy and Veritas Award (2010).
It’s simple, and all you need to do is Like The Blend Facebook page, tag them and share this post to your wall to enter and stand a chance of winning this fantastic Mother City experience. Entries close 15th October and winners will be announced at Folking Poetry, at The Blend, 79 Roeland Street, Cape Town CBD, 6:00PM. Free entry to the open mic music and poetry night with your RSVP on Facebook or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org