The year 2007 brought with it super success stories as Moving Tactics install Midas Digital in store digital TV network into 100 top performing outlets, not to mention great celebrations as Moving Tactics turned ten in the same year and Raymond Smeda joined the Moving team as their new business development Director.
Who is Midas?
Midas is a retail store designed around the needs of vehicle owners, focusing on various product ranges from parts and accessories through to lifestyle equipment. Midas has screens in 98 of their stores, they currently have over 230 stores.
“To be the preferred distributor, value-adding provider and franchisor to the automotive market segments. We choose to serve these segments by deploying the best associates and leading-edge management and information systems, thereby supporting the highest level of service.”
Quick Facts about Midas
- South Africa is a country of many people, traditions and beliefs.
- A new democracy dawned in 1994 with Nelson Mandela’s appointment as President.
- The Country has 49.3 million people and a Gross Domestic Product of R1.27 trillion.
- The inflation rate for 2009 was 7.5% and the prime interest rate 10.5%.
- The currency is the South African Rand, which trades against all global currencies in a very advanced financial and banking system.
- Unemployment runs at 24.5%. The expanded rate is at 45.2%, which includes the economically inactive population. High unemployment rate is a critical reason for the unacceptable crime and violence in the country.
What did Moving Tactics do?
- They have been positioned above the parts counter to ensure maximum exposure.
- Moving Tactics installed screens in 98 of Midas’ 230 stores.
- Each store has one 42″ high definition plasma screen.
- All of the screens have audio.
Who are the Advertisers?
- Federal Mogul
- ATE Breaks
- Part Quip
- Willard Batteries
Author: Jacqueline Freer
For Moving Tactics