A corporate conference room has to meet a few criteria in order to be contemplated for a particular function. Choosing a suitable business venue is vital to creating good impressions of your corporate image, appealing to target audiences and ensuring your audience has a positive experience. Whether you are having a detailed strategy seminar or a massive product launch, the proper setting is the key to its success.
The Principal Conference Venues in Durban
South Africa’s business facilities and conference centers are considered to be of a high international standard with tailored designs created to meet global specifications in key centres. These world class establishments offer venues which cater to many different requirements, from staff workshops to large meetings and business events and functions.
- Durban International Convention Centre – This venue was voted Africa’s Leading Conference Centre by the World Travel Awards. Situated near the Durban shores, only 15 minutes from the city’s international airport. An impressive selection of hotels are positioned nearby, for easy accommodation access. The centre itself is classy and stylish, offering a professional and enjoying ambience almost straight away. It can be segmented into eleven assorted venues of different sizes, he king of which is the Plenary Hall with a capability of holding 1644 people in theatre seats. High quality equipment is provided, as well as services including faxing, secretarial work, telephony, photocopying and postage. Delicious catering is offered, including specialised orders such as kosher and halaal.
- Kingfisher Lodge and conference centre 4 – Smaller and more luxurious conferences with a beautiful country feel. This location is the ideal choice for award celebrations, team-building functions, group incentives and themed seminars. Complete with screen, overhead projector, whiteboard, flip chart, television/DVD, a laptop and an assortment of microphones, the Kingfisher Lodge is an organiser’s utopia. It is situated near the Mount Edgecomb Golf course and Umhlanga Rocks, great for after-meeting games.
- Cathedral Peak Hotel – If you are in need of larger accommodations, this location is able to cater for 250 people in 94 rooms. Based in the Drakensberg Mountains, it is part of a World Heritage Site. It proffers a peaceful, idyllic atmosphere and conference coordinators to assist your organisation. The hotel has a catering service, it provides internet and printing equipment. When delegates are not busy working there are a variety of entertainments to enjoy. These include golf, tennis, horseback riding, angling, badminton and table tennis. Massages and pampering treatments are also readily accessible.
- Southern Sun Elangeni – Just a 20 minute commute from the Durban International Airport, this place boasts 449 lodging rooms and ten conference rooms. These differ in size, proving from 20 to 600 business agents. It provides all needed supplies, and offers numerous recreational facilities. It contains two swimming pools, a sauna, a fitness centre and presents massage services. Just across the road you’ll find an aquarium, snake-park, dolphinarium and ice-skating locations.
- Biz Africa Guest Lodge – This venue is the perfect option for intimate business conferences that will need excellent accommodation and services. Apart from a number of luxury suites, there are a range of helpful services on offer such as laundry and delegate pick-ups to and from the airport.
- The Khaya Lembali Conference Centre – Located in Morningside with high end Victorian appeal. It’s a business venue with conference catering, accommodation and equipment available to companies of varying sizes. It is suitable for up to 80 people.
- The Beverly Hills Hotel – This esteemed venue in Umhlanga Rocks is a modern paradise set on the coast. It’s scenic, and adds a touch of leisure to any conference held there. In terms of accommodation, it offers everything from standard to presidential suites for guests. This venue caters to between 12 and 35 guests and comes with standard conferencing equipment. However, a more advanced setup can easily be arranged.
- Devonshire House – This more intimate conference venue is ideal for workshop style gatherings. It’s a house situated in the sunny Glenwood area, providing rooms flooded with light, and highly conducive to learning. It has a capacity of 40 delegates.
- La Loggia on Portland – Umhlanga Rocks plays host to yet another exquisite venue. The la Loggia has everything from standard to luxury accommodation, as well as a daily breakfast and transport to the conference facility.
- Gateway Country Lodge – An upmarket option and the perfect venue for conferences. This is certainly a strong point and will serve as a treat and professional extra for delegates. This venue is close to modern amenities and shopping centres.
Durban is favoured for its sunshine. It is a favourable place to hold business meetings and seminars, always available to meet any requirements and specifications.
Author: Jacqueline Freer