ITALIAN LUXURY BRANDS SERIES: Episode Seven
Giorgio Bulgari founded his company in 1884 and opened his second shop in via Sistina during the same year. In 1905, together with his two sons, Giorgio replaced the via Sistina store with the current flagship store in via dei Condotti. After Giorgio’s death in 1966, his son Gianni led the company as co-chief executive with his cousin Marina.
Gianni initiated the internationalization of the company by opening shops in New York, Geneva, Monte-Carlo and Paris. In 1985, Gianni resigned as CEO and in 1987, he left the family business after selling his one-third stake in the company to his brothers Nicola and Paolo.
In 2011 French luxury group LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA announced that it was acquiring Bulgari SpA. Under the deal, the Bulgari family sold their 50.4 per cent controlling stake in exchange for 3 per cent of LVMH.
Visit Bulgari Online >> HERE <<
Author: Jacqueline Freer